Ecco il report di “The Seventh Annual Square Go!” rilasciato dalla Insane Championship Wrestling:
“Sunday 11th February 2018, O2 ABC (Glasgow, Scotland)
ICW: The Seventh Annual Square Go!
Attendance: SOLD OUT! (over 1,000)
Results of the matches
- #1 Contender’s Falls Count Anywhere Match: James Storm defeats Jack Jester ***James Storm’s ICW debut
- ICW Women’s Title match: Session Moth Martina defeats Kasey [c] ***new champion
- ICW Tag Team Title match: Ashton Smith & Rampage Brown [c] defeat The Purge (Stevie James & Krobar) to retain
- ICW Undisputed Title match: BT Gunn [c] defeats Bram to retain
- 30-man Over the Top Square Go! match: Stevie Boy wins eliminating last Mark Coffey [more details in the notes]
Next show: ICW: The Biggest Fight Club Taping Ever at the O2 ABC in Glasgow, tonight Monday 12th February 2018
- “Cowboy” James Storm makes his ICW debut defeating Jack Jester in a hard-fought Falls Count Anywhere match. After the match, Storm congratulates Jester and shows his appreciation to the fans. As he leaves, Jester bumps into his Kinky Party partner Sha Samuels, out to cheer him up after the defeat. Sha seems incensed for this.
- The new associate of Rudo Sports and Entertainment Brand, Session Moth Martina, is accompanied by her new sports agent Red Lightning; she and her opponent, defending champion Kasey, are both Irish and know each other perfectly well having crossed paths several times in the past. For this reason, they both manage to read the opponent’s moves before they connect. When finally the champion seems to have the upper hand and pins her opponent, Red Lightning drags referee Sean McLaughlin out of the ring while Iestyn Rees runs out, hits Kasey with a Spear and thus allows Martina to pin her and become the new champion.
After the match, Martina and Red Lightning beat Kasey up and celebrate the win.
- The recently crowned tag team champions, Ashton Smith and Rampage Brown, are accompanied to the ring by their trash-talking manager The Wee Man: they are the fourth team he manages to reach championship gold. The two English powerhouses find a challenge in the capable team of The Purge, the ICW Men of Mayhem, the Asylum Originals Stevie James and Krobar. The two bikers attack their opponents from the beginning, trying to fight their superior physical power with aggression and street smarts. In the long run, however, the champions take control and retain their title.
- BT Gunn puts his Undisputed Title on the line against “The King of All Evil” Bram, also a member of Rudo Sports and Entertainment (and accompanied by Red Lightning), who won the right to this title match by winning a Ladder Match at Fear & Loathing, in November. It is an extremely violent match, with Bram trying to impose his physical superiority and Gunn using his experience and guts, including a dive from a structure well over 16 ft high on his opponent. When Gunn finally manages to have Bram’s shoulders on the mat for the pin, Red Lightning drags referee Thomas Kearins out of the ring to allow Iestyn Rees to hit Gunn with a Spear, exactly like it happened in the Women’s Title match. But Gunn manages to kick out from Bram’s pin attempt, and the ICW Senior Referee Mr. Kearins, supported by his colleague Mr. McLaughlin, bans Red Lightning from ringside. The match continues, with the champion in serious trouble – so much that the referee seems to be pondering the possibility to declare him unable to continue. But Gunn perseveres and, when Bram seems close to putting him down for the count, the champion manages to roll up the challenger for the pin.
- After the break, it is time for the seventh Squuare Go! match, the winner of which receives a briefcase holding a contract that allows him (or her) to challenge for a title match at any moment during an ICW show. There will be 30 entrants, 5 of which (chosen randomly) will carry a weapon to use in the match. To be eliminated, one has to go over the top rope and touch the ground with both feet. Here is a list of the entrants: 1: Chris Renfrew 2: Mikey Whiplash with a kendo stick, accompanied by Aivil (formerly known as Jokey) 3: Lewis Girvan 4: Aspen Faith 5: Kay Lee Ray with two leather straps 6: Sha Samuels with a steel dildo 7: Kez Evans 8: Kid Fite accompanied by Krieger and Lou King Sharp of Fite Network 9: Kenny Williams 10: Wolfgang 11: Moose 12: Wild Boar 13: Jordan Devlin 14: Mike Bird 15: Iestyn Rees 16: Tor Atterhagen 17: The Sam Barbour Experience 18: Big Grizzly 19: Jackie Polo 20: Lionheart 21: Ravie Davie 22: Aaron Echo with a 12-pack of lager (which he drunk before joining the match) 23: Mark Coffey 24: Viper 25: Jody Fleisch 26: Joseph Conners with a steel chair 27: DCT 28: Leyton Buzzard 29: Stevie Boy 30: Joe Hendry accompanied by Leyton Buzzard (who had already been eliminated). A few notes about the match: Chris Renfrew and Mikey Whiplash brawled all over the arena before entering the ring. Aivil went face to face with Kay Lee Ray in an attempt to assist Mikey Whiplash. Kez Evans attempted to make friends with the four groups present on the ring at the moment of his entrance (Aspen Faith’s, Lewis Girvan’s and Kay Lee Ray’s Filthy Generation, Mikey Whiplash’s Legion, Sha Samuels’s Kinky Party and Chris Renfrew’s NAK), but was hit by all participants and quickly eliminated; his was the first elimination. Kid Fite was helped by The Fite Network until Wolfgang neutralised both Krieger and Lou King Sharp; Wolfgang’s allies, The Purge, came out to drag the two members of Fite Network away from the ring. Iestyn Rees teased a rekindling of his old alliance with The Marauders (Mike Bird and Wild Boar), but then eliminated both letting them know that he has chosen Rudo’s money over their old friendship. After Sha Samuels was eliminated, his Kinky Party partner Jack Jester came out to console him but Sha, after the misunderstanding that happened at the end of the first match of the evening, seemed unwilling to patch up his relationship with Jester. Wolfgang used his brass knucks to eliminate Tor Atterhagen; Atterhagen climbed back on the ring to cause Wolfgang’s elimination, thus marking the first occasion in which Wolfgang has not reached the last four in a Square Go match. As soon as Ravie Davie joined the match, his former fiancée Session Moth Martina and her new partner Bram came out on the ramp to tease him, distracting him and causing his elimination; Davie made a beeline for Bram to attack him. Aaron Echo’s weapons were eliminated before Echo joined the match, as he drunk all the cans of beer he was supposed to use.Joseph Conners disrespected Viper, who was defended by her husband DCT; DCT and Conners will face each other in the next ICW show. At the moment of his entrance, Joe Hendry hit all other seven participants still on the ring with his trademark Freak of Nature. Jackie Polo and Lionheart rekindled their five-year-old rivalry; they continued brawling even after they were both eliminated. With only three men left on the ring, Aspen Faith and Lewis Girvan of The Filthy Generation intervened to help eliminate Kenny Williams, leaving their leader Stevie Boy alone with Mark Coffey. Mark Coffey got extremely close to win the match (after his brother Joe won it last year), but eventually it was Stevie Boy who triumphed. While Stevie Boy was celebrating his win with the other members of The Filthy Generation (Kay Lee Ray, Aspen Faith and Lewis Girvan), Undisputed Champion BT Gunn came out with his two belts (the ZeroG and the World Heavyweight). The two former allies came face to face. Gunn seemed to begrudgingly congratulate Stevie before leaving him to the celebrations.”
Aggiungiamo inoltre che l’intero show è già disponibile con commento in inglese su ICW On Demand e presto lo sarà anche con commento live in italiano.